“There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?”
John 6:9 NLT
There was a huge crowd that kept following Jesus everywhere even after he crossed the sea. This time the number of men was around 5,000 (not counting women and children). Jesus made a question for Philip: “Where can we buy bread to feed all these people?”. The Bible says that Jesus asked that but he already knew what he would do. Philip noticed that even if they worked for several months they would not be able to feed all of them.
Then a young boy showed up in the middle of the crowed and gave everything he got to Jesus, 5 barley loaves and 2 fishes. That was nothing compared of what Jesus asked.
Reading this text I see a lot of things that I can apply for my life and ministry, but I want to focus in these 3 today:
1. Listen what Jesus wants me to do
2. Understand my own limitations
3. Come to Jesus with all I have
Understand and applying these 3 points, I will see Jesus working through my lives on the things he wants me to do. He will overcome my expectations because
– I’m not doing something that he didn’t asked me, but I’m focused doing what he wants.
– I’m limited and in need of the Holy Spirit’s power. Without Him, what I do in my ministry is pointless
– I’m giving my best even if it seems nothing because I know Jesus will take it and multiple the results.
Lord, thank you that see how limited we are. Your thoughts are higher than ours. You can take a small action that we do with all our hearts and transform it into a huge impact in a person’s life. Help me to focus in the things you want me to do, understand my own limits and give all I have to you, so you can make a miracle out of it. Thank you Jesus. In your name I pray